The project starts from the park as a core element by creating a large lawn as centrality. This immense and multifunctional green carpet with free access creates a relation between the buildings and their periphery. The connections between the different built cores are primarily realised by three central circulation systems: the quay for the educational part, the north-south lane between the large lawn and the sport fields, and the eastwest lane that connects the educational core, administrative core and restaurant. Traversing the school site becomes a real promenade alternating zones with shadow and light, in proximity to the water, in the forest, in the fields, or in a meticulously designed or colored garden.
- Program / Project: SAVIGNY-SUR-ORGE / Corot High School
- Client: Région Ile de France
- Project management: Dusapin Leclercq architectes (lead consultant) + Agence Ter
- Area: 16 ha
- Date: 2004 - 2005
- Amount: 80 M€ with 8,5M€ for the park
- Location: Savigny-sur-Orge, France